Hi Rodrigo,

asking questions about a WLM competition would be the right time now
indeed. But then you should phrase your questions that way: are they still
planning to organize a WLM, how can you help them and what are they
planning budget/prize wise. You could also suggest to plan an evaluation
moment between those two, to evaluate for example the prizes.

Whether it is a chapter, WMF project or something else shouldn't matter (if
it does, it usually is a sign something goes wrong).

I'm just saying that complaining about the WLE competition right now is
unhelpful - nothing is going to change anyway because the competition is
already underway. In that case, it is more effective to wait until it is
finished so that you can evaluate, and learn from it. You could focus right
now on formulating questions to ask during evaluation. If you share those
in advance, people can already think a bit about them.

This is not a matter of caring or not caring - this is a matter of being
effective and efficient.

Best,
Lodewijk