Hi Nathan,

There is a shortish overview at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Reports/2012#State_of_affiliates
.

In general, we very rarely reject applications outright publicly -- more
often than not, an application will run until we have worked with the group
to the point that they meet the requirements for approval, or they realise
that they do not want to pursue approval. You can follow all the groups
that are seeking approval in our Meta garden at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters#Chapters_in_discussion_phase,
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_thematic_organizations#Planned_thematic_organizations
 and
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_user_groups#Planned_user_groups.
(Cannot guarantee that all groups have listed themselves there, but it is a
wiki, so anyone can add the missing ones.)

On the same pages you will find all the approved ones with links to the
relevant resolutions that give some explanations to the reasons (although
they are quite general, as they all assert the belief of AffCom that the
affiliate in question meets the requirements for recognition).

Best regards,
Bence