Whilst going through some of the thousands of photos I managed to get
a CC release for from the Korean Culture and Information Service,[1] I
came across 200 photos from the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter
Games held in Pyeongchang, South Korea.[2] There is an "article" (for
want of a better word) on English Wikipedia[3] and Chinese
Wikipedia[4], where the images do not see any usage. The only usage
these images see on our projects (related to the actual sporting
event) is a single image on Spanish Wikipedia on its article for the
Special Olympics.[5] Funnily enough, the en.wp article for the Special
Olympics World Games[6] uses an NFCC image which fails the NFCC
criteria.[7]

Outside of the 2013 Pyeongchang games, Commons' coverage of Special
Olympics is basically non-existent.[8]

The next Summer games are in Los Angeles in 2015, and the next Winter
games are in Graz in 2017.

Could be good to increase coverage of this one area which I have
noticed seriously does suffer from systematic bias on our projects.

Cheers,

Russavia

[1]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Files_from_Korea.net_Flickr_stream
[2]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:2013_Special_Olympics_World_Winter_Games
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Special_Olympics_World_Winter_Games
[4]
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E5%B9%B4%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E5%86%AC%E5%AD%A3%E7%89%B9%E6%AE%8A%E5%A5%A7%E6%9E%97%E5%8C%B9%E5%85%8B%E9%81%8B%E5%8B%95%E6%9C%83
[5]
https://tools.wmflabs.org/glamtools/glamorous.php?doit=1&category=2013+Special+Olympics+World+Winter+Games&use_globalusage=1&ns0=1&show_details=1&projects[wikipedia]=1&projects[wikimedia]=1&projects[wikisource]=1&projects[wikibooks]=1&projects[wikiquote]=1&projects[wiktionary]=1&projects[wikinews]=1&projects[wikivoyage]=1&projects[wikispecies]=1&projects[mediawiki]=1&projects[wikidata]=1&projects[wikiversity]=1
[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Olympics_World_Games
[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Special_Olympics_World_Summer_Games_Opening_Ceremony_and_Parade_of_Athletes,_with_NBA_legend_Yao_Ming.jpg
[8] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Special_Olympics