On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not quite sure what you're shouting about, Gerard.  The amendment clearly
> gives individual projects the right to have an alternative to this
> particular section of the terms of use, and that alternative can be either
> more strict or less strict.

That's correct. Members of various projects asked for this kind of
flexibility in the comment period, and the board agreed that we should add
the ability for projects to craft alternatives on a per-project basis to
this amendment.

In the absence of a local policy, however, the ToU amendment applies to
every project. While this issue is a concern of many on the English
Wikipedia, the amendment was not crafted specifically for en:wp; this has
been an issue across many language communities. The terms of use
(amendments and all) apply to all of our projects.

best,
-- phoebe

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *