On 17/06/2014, George William Herbert <george.herb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We need an Uncommons, where the strict open license / PD rules are
> abandoned and we accept images as long as their fair use can be
> established.  And don't delete unless that fair use is credibly
> questioned.

There is no such thing as Fair Use copyright in most of the world. I
suggest we save the movement's money, by focusing on *freely reusable*
educational material. This is specified as part of the mission of the
Wikimedia Foundation.[1][2]

If you want to donate material to an "uncommons", many websites
without a strong concern for copyright already exist, there is no need
to create another. They remain unusable for serious educators, writers
or publishers.

Links
1. "The mission of the Wikimedia Foundation is to empower and engage
people around the world to collect and develop educational content
under a free content license"
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy
2. However, the FDC may be more flexible in allowing Wikimedia
chapters to use their significant funds to pay for non-free projects.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014_round1/WMUK/Progress_report_form/Q1#Request_to_make_changes

Fae