Pine,

We need more of

- decentralized development so that people can write new gadgets and extensions
easier like firefox jetpack for example.. Each project needs its own editing
and feedback tools that it would happily design on wiki in collaborative fashion

- means to encourage more content work from community with less noise and drama

I could expect wmf to do the former but the latter is up to us all, you and
me...

As people replied, & please mind that you do not know the situation in other
projects and languages - proper feedback or outreach software is needed here
and community can shape a spec at least, which the wmf can code or fund through
its Ieg grants program. I am sure you could draft the idea and help it evolve,
then apply for a grant and hire someone to do it.

The brainstorming might be too early, I am yet to see any proper analysis of
what the users /really/ need or have trouble with (no, not learning the markup
or getting articles or uploads in, unlike the current focuses). We need a lot
more information/feedback here than a brainstorming session...

Gryllida.