Hello guys,

After many weeks of hard work the Wiki Loves Earth Brasil 2014 was ended.

That was my first time organizing this kind of contet and that was the
first time that we did an edition of Wiki Loves SOMETHING in Brazil, what
generate big challenges!

I learned a lot with that experience and we reach great results, bigger
than expected.

So, here I'm publishing some info and links, including the winners of the
contest.

- Winners (Best photos and best contributions categories)

*
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2014/Brasil/Vencedores

- Statistics

-- Pictures
* Photos uploaded: 7060 sendo 6887 elegíveis para o concurso
* Participants: 935
* New users registered for the contest: 895 (96% of all participants)

-- Social Networks
* Facebook
  889 likes
  ~100K people reached with posts/photos/shares

-- Contest Home Page access
* ~220.000 visits
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2014/Brasil

- Media coverage

*
http://www.techtudo.com.br/noticias/noticia/2014/05/wikipedia-lanca-concurso-de-fotografia-para-ilustrar-artigos.html
Wikipédia lança concurso de fotografia para ilustrar artigos
TechTudo/Globo.com - Publicada em 06/05
*
http://info.abril.com.br/noticias/internet/2014/05/concurso-da-wikimedia-premiara-as-melhores-fotos-de-patrimonios-naturais.shtml
Concurso da Wikimedia premiará melhores fotos de patrimônios naturais -
Info/Editora Abril - Publicada em 08/05
*
http://blogs.estadao.com.br/link/wikimedia-premie-fotos-de-patrimonios-naturais/
Wikimedia premia fotos livres de patrimônios naturais - Link/Estadão -
Publicada em 08/05
*
http://www.techtudo.com.br/noticias/noticia/2014/05/wikipedia-revela-premio-de-concurso-no-brasil-melhor-foto-ganha-r-25-mil.html
Wikipédia revela prêmio de concurso no Brasil: melhor foto ganha R$ 2,5 mil
- TechTudo/Globo.com - Publicada em 13/05
*
http://www.revista.espiritolivre.org/concurso-fotografico-wiki-loves-earth-brasil-2014-patrimonio-natural
Anuncio do Concurso Wiki Loves Earth - Revista Espirito Livre - Publicada
em 14/05
*
http://www.baguete.com.br/noticias/16/05/2014/concurso-de-fotos-wiki-loves-earth
Concurso de foto Wiki Loves Earth - Baguete - Publicada em 16/05
*
http://www.fotografemelhor.com.br/grande-angular/concurso-fotografico-wiki-loves-earth-brasil-2014/
Concurso fotográfico Wiki Loves Earth 2014 - Portal da Revista Fotografe
Melhor
*
http://www.revista.espiritolivre.org/concurso-fotografico-wiki-loves-earth-brasil-2014-patrimonio-natural
Revista Espirito Livre
*
http://www.techtudo.com.br/noticias/noticia/2014/06/vencedores-do-concurso-de-fotos-do-wikipedia-revelam-paisagens-do-brasil.html
Vencedores do concurso de fotos do Wikipédia revelam paisagens do Brasil
*
- Budget

We defined prizes for 2 categories, based on the local legislation the best
way was to give it in cash.

Best pictures prizes
1. R$2500,00
2. R$1500,00
3. R$1000,00

Best contributions prizes
1. R$2500,00
2. R$1500,00
3. R$1000,00
Total: R$10.000

Exhibition
1. R$13.000
Total: R$13.000

TOTAL BUDGET: R$23.000

- Tools and contributions

WLE Communication Bot ( communication bot developed by Jonas )
Source code: https://github.com/jonasagx/wleBot

WLE Statistics ( statistics tool developed by Danilo)
Tool: http://tools.wmflabs.org/ptwikis/WLE
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/danilomac/ptwikis/src

WLE Collaborative Filtering Tool (developed by Danilo to help us filtering
the huge amount of pictures received to send to the jury for the final
evalution)
Tool: http://tools.wmflabs.org/images/?campaign=wle-br

WLE Best contribution index ( tool developed by Henrique Andrade)
http://tools.wmflabs.org/ptwikis/WLE_Melhores_Contribui%C3%A7%C3%B5es

- Exhibition
To exhibit the best WLE Brasil photos , we negotiated a partnership with a
local Photo Studio to organize our first photographic exhibition during the
international photography event "Paraty em Foco", which will be held in
September 2014 in the historic city of Paraty - Rio de Janeiro (more
information on http:// paratyemfoco.com )

- Publication of the final results and winners
The contest results were announced by national media, wikimedia mail lists
and it will be published through the printed/digital magazine Fotografe
Melhor(Photo magazine with the largest circulation and importance in
Brazil) in the August edition with distribution in all Brazilian states
(50,000 copies monthly) and shipped to some other countries.

I would like to thank the Brazilian community members who contributed to
the contest and a special thanks to our friends from Wikimedia Ukraine that
provided all the necessary support for the successful organization of the
local contest.

Best regards

Rodrigo Padula
Wiki Loves Earth Brasil - Coordinator