On 16 July 2014 12:39, Lane Rasberry <l...@bluerasberry.com> wrote:
> I asked this researcher to discontinue the survey pending a check on the
> impact of it on the Wikipedia community. I said this because I feel they
> are out of compliance with even the soft suggestions in research that are
> available, and they know this.

Good point. If anyone wanted to research deletion discussion patterns
and outcomes on the English Wikipedia or other projects, I could knock
out a nice analysis using a little passive but intelligent bot work
depending on their requirements. I'm easy to find.

I'm pretty sure this would be a lot cheaper in volunteer time or
research time than creating surveys to answer very similar questions,
particularly if the resulting report were freely published so that
volunteers could give their "subjective value responses" to that
instead.

Fae