Wow..Great victory for Wikimedia Movement!
Congratulation.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Anna Stillwell <astillw...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Congratulations. Let's hear it for, "paving the way for more robust free
> speech protections on the Internet under Italian law."
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Mateus Nobre <mateusfno...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It's great. A great victory for Wikimedia Movement!
> > I have an scientifc article written about The civil liability on
> Wikipedia
> > Information, and this result directly comproves my thesis.
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Michelle Paulson <
> mpaul...@wikimedia.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation has won a
> significant
> > > defamation lawsuit in Italy brought by Italian politician, Antonio
> > > Angelucci, and his son, Giampaolo.
> > >
> > > You can read more about this victory on the Wikimedia blog:
> > >

> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/07/22/victory-in-italy-based-on-freedom-of-users/
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > Michelle
> > > --
> > > Michelle Paulson
> > > Legal Counsel
> > > Wikimedia Foundation
> > > 149 New Montgomery Street, 6th Floor
> > > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > > mpaul...@wikimedia.org
> > > 415.839.6885 ext. 6608 (Office)
> > > 415.882.0495 (Fax)
> > >

> > > *NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
> > > have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about
> the
> > > mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation and for
> > legal/ethical
> > > reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for,
> > community
> > > members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For
> > more
> > > on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
> > > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*

> > --

> Anna Stillwell
> Senior Learning and Org Dev Lead
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 415.806.1536
> *www.wikimediafoundation.org <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>*

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Social Media Interaction Expert | The Daily Prothom-Alo
<http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge Foundation Network
<http://www.okfn.org>
Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive