Hi,
It has been communicated to the Italian community.

Being in Italy for several years, I could say that this sentence is like a
*revolution* for Italy:

*However, the vast majority of these editorial debates can be and are
resolved every day through processes established and run by dedicated
members of the Wikimedia community. We strongly encourage those who have
concerns about content on the Wikimedia projects to explore these community
procedures rather than resorting to litigation.*

In Italy the courts are overloaded by these strange litigations and the
time to have a final decision may be really long. This sentence is really
good.

However the law in Italy is a lot respectful of both parties. It means that
a decision of a court may be escalated resorting to a "supreme" court. In
my opinion this judgement is so much evident and strong that the other
party will not look for a higher level of lawsuit.

Regards

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Michelle Paulson <mpaul...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation has won a significant
> defamation lawsuit in Italy brought by Italian politician, Antonio
> Angelucci, and his son, Giampaolo.
>
> You can read more about this victory on the Wikimedia blog:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/07/22/victory-in-italy-based-on-freedom-of-users/
>
> Best,
>
> Michelle
> --
> Michelle Paulson
> Legal Counsel
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 149 New Montgomery Street, 6th Floor
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> mpaul...@wikimedia.org
> 415.839.6885 ext. 6608 (Office)
> 415.882.0495 (Fax)
>

> *NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
> have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
> mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation and for legal/ethical
> reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
> members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
> on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*

Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens