On 3 August 2014 06:27, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, I've asked in the off-chance they can give clues.
> https://twitter.com/jayvdb/status/495802112429682688

Retweeted! We might get an answer with enough re-tweets. :-)

It seems logical to suppose that there are senior managers in the WMF,
or at least WMF Legal, that know which Wikipedia article(s) is being
subject to Google's suppression in search engines. It seems also
reasonable to supposed it is about a notable person rather than, say,
some random school teacher, as in the latter case we would fix that
through sensible discussion via OTRS and there would be a natural
fairness in making person material either less visible in an article,
or getting removed in compliance with project guidelines.

Would any WMF Trustee or senior manager like to illuminate the
community on this? Obviously Jimmy Wales has commented generally, but
not explained what the WMF do about these RTV Google requests. As I
understanding there is no legal requirement on the WMF to suppress
itself when talking about Google's actions. Indeed there is nothing to
stop a bot-writer like myself to craftily slowly sniff through results
and pop out a public list of suppressed articles, it is public data by
definition...

Fae