Brad

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <bjor...@wikimedia.org
> wrote:

> *Note these are entirely my own personal opinions as a community member and
> in no way at all represent anything official.*
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 3:12 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm interested to read others' views about options and ways forward here.
> >

> People could realize that demagoguery and warring is going to make
> everything much harder that it needs to be, and decide to block the people
> trying to escalate the issue so that more rational people can work out a
> rational solution.
>
> On the enwiki VPT thread about this, User:Fluffernutter suggested that we
> could eliminate 90% of the drama over software deployments by topic-banning
> a small number of people from the discussions. That'd probably be a much
> more productive topic than trying to brainstorm ways to make the situation
> worse.

Can you please confirm that you are one of the people who did "Erik's
bidding" on this issue.

On a personal level or not, I find it disturbing that you would suggest
topic banning people because they have a dissenting opinion from the WMF.
This will not lead to rational discussion, but an echo chamber....is that
what people want?

Russavia