On 14 August 2014 20:27, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:
> On 08/14/2014 02:36 PM, David Gerard wrote:

>> So locally-editable site JavaScript, for locally-important gadgets and
>> so forth, is in fact something that's needed.

> That seems reasonable, but it's less clear to me that this should be
> bundled with / part of the 'editinterface' right, at least as it is
> currently managed (the ability to be able to change wording of system
> message is only related to being able to change javascript/CSS by way of
> hysterical raisins).
> Regardless of which process, in the end, is adopted to make management
> of sitewide customization to javascript etc, separating that from
> "normal" editinterface seems to me to be prerequisite.

This is true, but prerequisite to what? What I'm saying is that
switching off local scripting in general until [unspecified condition]
is met is going to be an immediately bad thing for every WMF wiki that
doesn't get lots of WMF attention, which is most of them. So that's a
thing that shouldn't be done just because admins on two wikis are
acting like my daughter just before I withdraw her computer access.

- d.