There are 105 bugs open for Media Viewer.  To my mind that is not a product
that is ready to be delivered to 500,000,000 users, delivering  52.5
billion bugs!  (And that's just the ones we know about!)

But even if it was, the fact  that a project community has asked for it to
be opt-in should be respected by the developers.  The idea that  software
developers control the roll-out of their own software is "no way to develop
software"  User acceptance testing was invented, what, 50 or 60 years ago?

On 15 August 2014 14:45, Dan Garry <dga...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 15 August 2014 06:08, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Developing for mobile is nice and should continue, but desktop is far
> from
> > dead. I don't even try to edit from mobile; I want my real keyboard and
> > monitor, not the crappy on screen one and 3" display.
> >

> This is a false dilemma. The WMF does not have any plans to stop developing
> desktop features. On the contrary, the VisualEditor team recently changed
> scope to be the Editing team in part so that the scope of their team also
> included maintaining the wikitext editor on desktop.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan Garry
> Associate Product Manager, Mobile Apps