Hi Pine,

When I was treasurer of WMAU we invested in Xero (mentioned in that
article).  Our primary motivators were allowing all the committee members
to be able to examine the books or enter receipts at any time, as most of
us were separated by hundreds of kilometres.  It worked very well for us,
and chopped away a lot of the overhead and risk of maintaining everything
on our private Wiki and in Excel spreadsheets and the like.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin