I've found one very recently, actually, or at least if there is an opt-out
it's very opaque.

I use the desktop interface on my mobile. I've no intention of ever
changing that. There used to be an option that permanently disabled mobile
interface for a given browser (I presume via a persistent cookie, as it
worked even when I wasn't logged in), but now I have to switch back to
desktop every day or so. There are several requests at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help_talk:Mobile_access#Turn_mobile_access_off
for a way to disable the mobile interface, but no answers as to how to do
that or if that's even supported anymore.

I'm sure I could hack around it by changing useragents or the like, but I
shouldn't -have- to use some hacky solution to it. If I don't ever want to
use the mobile interface, provide a way for me to say that and leave the
change permanent (at least until I decide otherwise).

So either I'm missing something (and I'm not the only one), or yeah, you
missed one.

Todd