Ever thought of seeing your own photos on Wikipedia ?

This is your chance to take part in our annual photography competition to
improve Wikipedia. The encyclopaedia is visited by 500 million people every
month, and needs you to help improve its photos.

Wiki Loves Monuments UK is aimed at the UK's listed buildings and ancient
monuments, and starts on Monday 1st September. The contest is supported by the
Royal Photographic Society, English Heritage, and Wikimedia UK.

We've got lots of pictures of Tower Bridge and Stonehenge, but there's so much
more of the country's heritage to celebrate. There are tens of thousands of
eligible sites, so check out the UK competition website
(http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org.uk) and see what's nearby. As well as prizes
for the best image, we have a special prize this year for the best image of a
listed building on one of the 'At Risk' registers.

It doesn't matter when your photos are taken so long as they're uploaded by the
end of September.   If you took some stunning pictures back in April, or five
years ago, you can still upload them.

To enter, you'll need to agree to release your entries under a free licence
allowing them to be freely used by anyone for any purpose, including Wikipedia.
You retain copyright, and can require anyone using your images to attribute
them to you as photographer.

Help us show off your local history!

Michael

___