I was always a little surprised by the name Wikimedia Conference. After
all, that name would most logically belong to the big, open, week-long
event that draws over a thousand people together to talk about every aspect
of the movement.*

However, that event is already called Wikimania, which also doesn't make
sense to me. In James F's phrase , it's a bit of a lie, as it doesn't deal
with mania or other mental health issues, and it isn't exclusively attended
by men (except to a very broad approximation).

Therefore I propose we start by renaming Wikimania to the Wikimedia
Conference.

That leaves open what we call the slightly boring get-together where we
talk about how movement organisations can improve their governance and
programme measurement. As an interim step I suggest using the now-unused
term Wikimania until a suitable committee can determine the correct name
for the event, hopefully before the event occurs.

So I am just heading over to Meta to move all Wikimania pages to the name
Wikimedia Conference and vice versa. I trust this will clarify the matter.

*NB please ignore the rest of the post from this point forward.