Yeah, uncyclopedia is a good suggestion for one possible form of
content, but what I'm talking about is really much more about having a
good time onwiki by poking fun at ourselves and putting things in to
perspective.

Someone sent me a link to this project privately:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_Department_of_Fun.
That basically includes all the ideas I had thought up + some. In
fact, what I'm describing is what might result from an regular
publication or section of a publication produced by this project.
There are some ~280 members listed on that page, though many are
inactive. It's hard to tell which might still be relevant and/or
appropriate, but the hundreds of articles categorized as Wikipedia
humor that can be reached from that page would provide an great pool
of content to keep a newsletter running with a consistent size and
format when there isn't enough new content produced for an entire
issue.

Does anyone know what this project is currently doing to raise the
visibility of its content and activities? Has a regular publication
been considered or tried, then decided against for some reason? It
seems like a pretty natural fit. The original creator seems to have
gone inactive. Does anyone know who is leading this effort today? I'll
ask these questions on the project's talk page, too, but if you're
currently involved or are also interested in contributing to a
completely unencyclopedic effort like this, please contact me so we
can coordinate efforts.

Coincidentally, when I eye up the participation levels on this project
and other WP humor projects (there are several more listed near the
bottom of that page) with some rough metrics, activity seems to have
peaked around the same time as the number of active WP editors.
Correlation doesn't imply causation one way or the other, but it is
definitely a coincidence worth noting.

Ta's.
,Wil (aka wllm)