Thanks so much to everyone! It has been such an honor to join this
movement, and the things we have experimented with and done have been
exciting and fruitful.  I know we spend a lot of time talking about our
problems welcoming in newbies, but I felt so supported by so many of you
from my first day four years ago when I was brand new. Thank you for your
openness, your innovative ideas, your challenges to my thinking, and your
partnership in building things together.

One point of clarification: I'll actually be working with IDEO.org
<http://ideo.org/>, which is a spin-off of IDEO (and yes, Jane, that is the
Wikipedia article for IDEO)  It is a separate organization focused on
partnering with people in need to design paths out of poverty. I'm very
humbled for this opportunity, and look forward to sharing learning! I'm
pasting some info below with the announcement.

Obviously, stay in touch. I will be around :)

We’ve had an action-packed spring at IDEO.org
with lots of travel, a decision on our next class of
Global Fellows, and a very exciting project from
the archive heading to market. Here’s what we’ve
been up to this spring and summer.WELCOME 2015 GLOBAL FELLOWSAfter
reviewing 656 applications—all of which inspired and excited us—we’ve
chosen the 2015 class of Global Fellows! They hail from Malawi, Ireland,
Indiana, and the UK. They are doctors, inventors, entrepreneurs, and global
connectors, all with a dedication to elevating the poor through design. Let
us introduce William Kamkwamba, Rebecca Hope, Jessie Wild, and John
Collery! We can’t wait to see what change they'll make, what good they’ll
do.

*Copyright © 2014 IDEO.org, All rights reserved.*

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Everton Zanella Alvarenga <t...@okfn.org.br>
wrote:

> Congratulations, Jessie!
>
> It is super cool that you will bring your talent to other places! It was a
> pleasure to know and work with you! Thanks for everything you did for the
> Wikimedia movement and that you taught me whilst I had the opportunity to
> work together! You rock!
>
> P. S. We need create a page about IDEO in Portuguese, then I'll keep
> supporting you to learn our language. :P (could be a start!)
>
> Abraços!
>
> Tom

> Dear friends and colleagues,
>>
>> Many of who have already heard from Jessie in multiple ways, but for those
>> who haven't: Jessie Wild, who currently heads the Learning and Evaluation
>> team in the Grantmaking department at WMF, is leaving for a year's
>> fellowship with Ideo.[1] Her last day at the Foundation is tomorrow.
>>

>> We are going to miss her. Jessie has been an extraordinary and integral
>> part of WMF for the last four years, and demonstrated her initiative,
>> insight and leadership in each of the positions she’s ably held here. For
>> many of you, you may remember Jessie's first role was part of the
>> consultant team working on the 5 year strategy. Most recently and
>> importantly, she’s led the Learning and Evaluation team in the past year
>> do some significant baseline research and impact analyses of our grants
>> and
>> programs across the movement. This is work that lays the foundation for a
>> great deal of our strategic vision and direction going forward. Thank you
>> so much, Jessie, for all your strategic leadership, but even more: thank
>> you for who you are, and the heart you’ve always brought to your team, WMF
>> and the communities we support.
>>
>> We are hoping that Jessie will rejoin us when she’s completed this
>> brilliant opportunity at IDEO (she’s one of four chosen from over 450
>> applicants!). However, the work we are doing with all of you on impact and
>> strategic outcomes for the movement is urgent and will need to be ramped
>> up
>> even further over this year. We will be opening up this position to lead
>> the L&E team soon, and keep you posted on it.
>>
>> Jessie, thank you again for all your manifold contributions.
>>
>> Warmly,
>>
>> Anasuya
>>
>> [1] http://www.ideo.org/fellows
>>
>> --
>>

>> *Anasuya SenguptaSenior Director of GrantmakingWikimedia Foundation*
>>
>> Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
>> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>> Support Wikimedia <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>

> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
> Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
> http://br.okfn.org

*Jessie Wild SnellerGrantmaking Learning & Evaluation *
*Wikimedia Foundation*

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
Donate to Wikimedia <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>