Wikipedia articles are passively peer reviewed every time someone with
knowledge of the topic reads the article. Ideally, this would be the equal of
scientific peer review. In reality, most such people don’t bother giving
feedback, or are unable to figure out how to give feedback. Hopefully we can
get better at encouraging and supporting such feedback in the future.

I’ve systematically reviewed Wikipedia articles in the past, and I’ve also
persuaded others to do the same. However, systematic review isn’t the same as a
formal review through a journal.

It’s great to see that this article has been formally reviewed, although it is
disappointing to see how short the author list for the formal article is here,
given how many people have actually contributed to the article over the years.

Thanks,
Mike