Hi Erik,

Many factors of this redesign of reporting make sense to me. However I'd
like to ask that some useful info from the monthly reports continue on a
monthly basis if possible because their timeliness is valuable. Here are
some topics that come to my mind for a possible lighter-weight monthly
report, and other people may have their own topics to add:

*HR arrivals/departures
*C-level and D-level staff changes
*Financial spend YTD vs. plan
*Fundraising totals YTD vs. plan
*Official office visitiors
*Pageviews, with breakout for mobile
*Active editors
*Unique viewers (with breakout by method of estimation such as Comscore vs.
internal, and whether mobiles are included)
*New accounts created
*New active editors
*File uploads to Commons
*Wikipedia new articles created
*DCMA requests and other takedown, censorship, or defense of contributors
actions
*Litigation status updates
*Significant security or reliability problems and responses, such as with
Heartbleed
*Major infrastructure commissionings or decommissionings such as with data
centers
*Major feature rollouts or rollbacks
*Major stories for Comms
*Grantmaking FDC announcements
*Creation or revocation of chapters
*New projects commissioned such as Wikivoyage

I believe that I learned through a monthly report some time ago that a
surprisingly large percentage of fundraising revenue was being lost to bank
fees, and I asked if this could be addressed, which it was. This kind of
benefit from report analysis may be more difficult to achieve in a timely
manner with quarterly reports. However, I hope that it will be possible to
design lighter-weight monthly reports about the subjects above where
timeliness is valuable, and create well-designed and thorough quarterly
reports as you described that facilitate deep dives into data and team
quarterly reviews, especially around strategic priorities.

Thanks,

Pine