I've had a number of discussions with our stewards over the years. Many of
them are dedicated, polite, clever, and highly sophisticated in the ways of
the Wiki. They get no pay and little glory for their delicate work, and we
often take their availability for granted. The title of this article [1],
"The 36 People Who Run Wikipedia: What the weirdest, wildest, most
successful participatory project in history tells us about working
together" overstates the stewards' influence a bit, but I enjoyed reading
the article and think that other Wikimedians might also.

To our stewards: thank you.

Pine

[1] https://medium.com/matter/the-36-people-who-run-wikipedia-21ecca70bcca