On 24 November 2014 at 08:57, Erlend Bjørtvedt <erl...@wikimedia.no> wrote:
> Examples of universities or institutions who have "used" Wikipedia to
> educate the public
>
> - Examples of professions or individual researchers who have done the same
>
> - Examples of formal co-operations between science and Wikimedia movement,
> as reference

I have recently been appointed Wikimedian in Residence at the Royal
Society of Chemistry:

   http://my.rsc.org/blogs/490

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Royal_Society_of_Chemistry

It's a little early to report results, but I have already been
involved in a successful collaboration with Catalan Wikipedians:

   https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viquiprojecte:Setmana_de_la_Ci%C3%A8ncia_2014

and this follows from an earlier engagement between the RSC and Wikipedians:

     https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Royal_Society_of_Chemistry_2014_Event

You may also be interested in work to integrate ORCID identifiers into
Wikipedia, Wikidata, etc:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:ORCID

(I am Wikipedian in Residence at ORCID, too.)

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing