Hoi,
Do not be daft. The Wikimedia Foundation centralised its fundraising. It
said that it would do a better job. Seen from a central periphery model, it
probably does, However seen from the Netherlands it is rather silly.,

Pooh poohing this away with "you can donate time as well" is fine when you
are in the centre.

Recently chapters were told to fundraise. There is a point to that but it
is also a specific skill. It is not smart to develop such skills and not
make use of it in what is effectively the biggest fundraiser for a chapter.

We are discussing,yet again, the text and approach of the fundraiser and we
are yet again going through the same moves.  We are a movement and the
Wikimedia Foundation is not it. It does not optimise the opportunities for
all of us. In the Netherlands, I would not be surprised when the amount of
fundraising could at least double with local involvement.
Thanks,
       GerardM