I found on Facebook feed the next article [1]. The article title was
so amusing that I had to read the article: Stop giving Wikimedia
money.

Although I thought I'll find something totally irrelevant, the article
actually reveals that the author is pretty well introduced into
internal Wikimedia issues. Which is, in turn, insufficient for article
to be a good one, but this one has some good points.

Big banner. I admit, there are some benefits of living in the second
class country by the Western financial norms. I saw that banner just
on Commons. But that's the known issue. My question here is: Is there
a way to get similar amount of money from the public in some other
way? For example, I am sure that there are many people outside who
would be willing to donate ~$10/month if they don't have to think
about that (i.e., opt-in for monthly charge).

"We're a small non-profit...". Huh. I am working for one American
non-profit with few times bigger budget than WMF, which management
treat themselves as "a small non-profit". I mean, I fully understand
that kind of reasoning. There are much bigger non-profits in the wild.
BUT, keep in mind that, not counting bigger retailers, I'd have to
walk 15-20 minutes from my home to find a visible business which has
comparable revenue. And I am living in not that poor city in the
richest municipality of my country. Please, just remove that "small"
in the future.

There are some points in relation to the programming failures. They
are now funny to me because I know that things are moving, as well as
we have now engineering-focused ED. Just one year ago that wouldn't be
that funny because it would hurt.

$684.000 gross or $3200 per capita for furniture sounds, hm,
interesting. May somebody explain that? I am not saying that employees
should live nomadic lives inside of the office; not even that it's
about outrageously decadent spending, but the amount doesn't sound too
rational, as well as it's partially in collision with Sue's quote
inside of the article.

Now, the crucial point from the article "[Money] doesn’t go to content
creation at all.".

It's heresy to us, but the fact that it's heresy to us gives open
field to that kind of very valid criticism: WMF is spending few
percents of the budget on the content and people are using its
projects because of the content (yes, few percents include projects
where we are not paying people to actually write the content, but for
the projects which lead to the content creation).

I didn't think about possible answers. The argument just strikes me on
the line that Wikimedia is basically exploitative toward her editors
comparably to Uber toward their drivers.

What differs us from Uber and makes our position better is the fact
that we are community-driven movement (as well as encyclopedia
publishers are on average much more predatory organizations than
various organizations of taxi drivers).

However, there are some issues which should be addressed, definitely. Ideas?

[1] http://newslines.org/blog/stop-giving-wikipedia-money/