Ha! Thanks Liam, let me be the first to admit that I'm guilty as charged! I
would have used the clip of Paul Newman from Cool Hand Luke on
communication, but maybe that just shows my age. I have one comment on your
comment about Wikidata metadata handling. Yes this is currently done
locally on Commons, and moving as much as possible of it to Wikidata will
greatly increase the usability of Commons to non-English speaking users and
also decrease the learning-curve of Commons for new-users. That said, the
most valuable thing it will do is give non-english-speaking Commons
volunteers a structured way to inform uploaders about their images in a
language they can understand. So it won't all be one-way communication.

And who knows, maybe one day I will be able to read about all the
copyrights regarding media created outdoors that don't fall under fop