On 2 January 2015 at 10:18, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be cautious of changing URLs to templates for larger reports.
[...]

Fair points, but there are 12842 transclusions of "{{Diff}}" on en.WP;
this template will make life easier for the people who use it.

> I have had to remove templates from pages where they run into
> the too many templates problem

If template trasclusion numbers are too high, "{{Diff}}" can be
"Subst:", leaving an internal, not external, link behind.

> does anyone know if we have a way of centralising templates
> that are likely to be useful or recommended for all wikis?

I think sharing Lua modules, rather than the actual templates, may be better.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing