* Siko Bouterse wrote:
>Why the gender gap? Although we’ve committed to supporting and increasing
>gender diversity, so far these kinds of projects haven’t emerged
>organically at any meaningful scale. In the first half of this year, IEG
>and PEG have spent only 9% of funds on projects aiming to directly impact
>this gap and less than ? of our grantee project leaders have been women.
>Without taking time to focus on increasing gender diversity in our content
>and contributors, this trend is likely to continue.

What evidence is there that spending more on "gender gap" will have any
measurable impact on "gender gap"? I also note that you say "projects"
have not "emerged". That sounds like people do not actually have ideas
how to "impact" "gender gap" with money. Could you identify a couple of
projects that would have considerable "impact" on "gender gap" but that
have been refused funding in the past due to a lack of "focus" on "gen-
der gap"?
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjo...@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de