Did you not see the bit about "experimental"?
Cheers,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Bjoern Hoehrmann
Sent: 06 January 2015 05:48 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] WMF is shutting down grantmaking for good projects
for 3 months for no reason

* Siko Bouterse wrote:
>Why the gender gap? Although we’ve committed to supporting and
>increasing gender diversity, so far these kinds of projects haven’t
>emerged organically at any meaningful scale. In the first half of this
>year, IEG and PEG have spent only 9% of funds on projects aiming to
>directly impact this gap and less than ? of our grantee project leaders have
>been women.
>Without taking time to focus on increasing gender diversity in our
>content and contributors, this trend is likely to continue.

What evidence is there that spending more on "gender gap" will have any
measurable impact on "gender gap"? I also note that you say "projects"
have not "emerged". That sounds like people do not actually have ideas how to
"impact" "gender gap" with money. Could you identify a couple of projects that
would have considerable "impact" on "gender gap" but that have been refused
funding in the past due to a lack of "focus" on "gen- der gap"?
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjo...@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de