See https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-united-states-district-attorney-carmen-ortiz-office-overreach-case-aaron-swartz/RQNrG1Ck

-------- Messaggio inoltrato --------
Oggetto:        Response to We the People Petition on U.S. Attorney's Office
Personnel Matters
Data:   Wed, 07 Jan 2015 18:18:14 -0600
Mittente:       The White House

We the People

*Response to We the People Petition on U.S. Attorney's Office Personnel
Matters*

Aaron Swartz's death was a tragic, unthinkable loss for his family and
friends. Our sympathy continues to go out to those who were closest to
him, and to the many others whose lives he touched.

We also reaffirm our belief that a spirit of openness is what makes the
Internet such a powerful engine for economic growth, technological
innovation, and new ideas. That's why members of the Administration
continue to engage with advocates to ensure the Internet remains a free
and open platform as technology continues to disrupt industries and
connect our communities in ways we can't yet imagine. We will continue
this engagement as we tackle new questions on key issues such as citizen
participation in democracy, open access to information, privacy,
intellectual property, free speech, and security.

As to the specific personnel-related requests raised in your petitions,
our response must be limited. Consistent with the terms we laid out when
we began We the People,
we will not address agency personnel matters in a petition response,
because we do not believe this is the appropriate forum in which to do so.