Hi there,

> That said, it doesn't matter who writes the content on Wikipedia so long
> as it's relevant and factual.

Who is to decide what is relevant and factual (or indeed, the other
editorial judgements we make in writing aricles)? If the only people doing
that are white North American and European men with (or working towards)
masters' degrees*, then their judgements will inevitably reflect their own
backgrounds and perspectives - and other backgrounds and perspectives will
be missing from those judgements.

That does not and will not result in us fulfilling our mission to build and
share the sum of human knowledge.

In my view our consensus-based decision-making model can only work well
when there is enough diversity of contributions in the first place. It is
easy for a small group of similar people to reach a consensus. However,
they are likely to miss important things in doing so.
Regards,

Chris

* This isn't (quite) a description of the status quo but is pretty close