I believe the problem occurs if you use a gmail (or domain with google
apps) email address which differs to the email address you were subscribed
to the list with.  Being a Google service, the group interface tries to use
your gmail account.  MZ's email method works well!

If you need the direct link to report the group, you can use
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wikimedia-l/abuse.

Regards,

Charles / User:Chuq