Hi Dan,

unfortunately several people use multiple email addresses, and this optout
doesn't work properly if that is the case - because when you go to that
link, google insists that you want to unsubscribe with your gmail address
(which might not be the one you have been subscribed with).

Right now, I'm just marking all emails as spam - hoping that this won't
affect the very similarly layouted real wikimedia-l messages.

Lodewijk