On 14/01/15 04:01, Keegan Peterzell wrote:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Ricordisamoa <ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
wrote:

  Sounds like just another enwiki-specific thing.

​That's a reasonable assumption. I'm only guessing, but I think the project
is based on the English Wikipedia because that's the area where the
grantee(s) are most familiar. I wouldn't want them to go mucking around on
projects they are not familiar with first.

I'm going to assume that while this is initially en.wp focused, the
grantees are willing to learn from and share what they learn with the other
projects. One would think they would appreciate the outreach from other
communities, learning from each other is always a Good Thing™.​

This. For our project, things enwp users would never even think of may prove to be the most useful, but as always, we do want this to be able to scale. Such will probably show up more in any tool implementations that show up later, but the less hard-coded those things are, the more flexibility they can have later, which means they will be more useful for everyone down the line - english wikipedians and whoever else as well.

A lack of flexibility has happened with a lot of other tools before and it's not something we want to repeat. We'll see what happens, though.

-I