This is correct, but it supports the question that the board has not a well
defined control.

A good governance says that the responsible should be "proactive".

What Chris is saying is perfect, I would not change a word.

It means that it's not in conflict with what your saying, but he is already
in more advanced step.

He has been clear: if something is responsibility of WMF (and the term
"responsibility" has a well defined meaning), it is responsibility of the
board except the cases where the board has assigned this responsibility to
another body.

It does not mean "in charge of".

Regards

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Cristian Consonni <kikkocrist...@gmail.com>

> > It's worth pointing out that the Board *are* responsible, even if they
> > aren't involved in the actual decision-making - as they are ultimately
> > responsible for everything WMF does.
>
> Yes, I am aware of that.
> What I was advocating for was a more substantial proof of the fact
> that the board is aware about  these decisions, with the more
> substantial responsability towards the community that this implies.
>
> --
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens