Dear Wikimedians,

On the recommendation of the Wikimania 2016 selection Jury Committee, we have
accepted the proposal from the Esino Lario Italy team.   The  Wikimania Esino
Lario team is composed mainly of volunteers.  It is promoted by  Wikimedia
Italia and Wikimedia CH in partnership with Esino Lario city council, Ecomuseo
delle Grigne, Pro Loco Esino Lario, Parco Regionale della Grigna Settentionale
and the Esino Lario local associations and community. nThe proposal will be
further vetted by the WMF staff in the coming months, after which time we hope
to confirm the award.   Please join us in congratulating Wikimania Esino Lario!

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2016_bids/Esino_Lario

We would also like to thank the team from Manila, Philippines for their efforts
in putting together excellent proposal.  As a volunteer-led movement, it is
hugely encouraging to have so many who want to support Wikimania. The bidding
process requires a substantial time investment, and we are most grateful for
every team’s hard work.

For those of you who are considering hosting in future years, we expect to
issue the Request for Proposals  for 2017  in September.

Sincerely,

Ellie Young, WMF Conference Coordinator
On behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee