Depending on where the content is coming from uploading the images to
Flickr and then importing them may be an option. When I worked for the
Science Museum we simply changed the licence of some of the images on their
Flickr account and I used Flickr2Commons to import them, it also records
the attribution and which CC licence the images used. I'm currently working
with UNESCO to release some of their archive and will most probably suggest
this route which as a bonus creates a second large audience for the content
on Flickr.

Hope this is helpful

John