Rachel diCerbo wrote:
> Community Engagement is continuously considering effective ways of
> interacting with you around product development and would love your
> suggestions. What kinds of communications from WMF would you like to see?

Please volunteer to co-mentor my GSoC proposal:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Accuracy_review

There is absolutely no way I can possibly do this without a co-mentor
from the WMF or WEF. It's not a hard task, and one of the major
benefits I just learned yesterday is a robust implementation of
per-word text attribution, which amazingly still hasn't been available
to the wider community in a way that handles reverted blanking and
text moves since WikiTrust went offline. Maribel Acosta, Fabian
Floeck, and Andriy Rodchenko did a suitable replacement algorithm in
2013, but it hasn't been folded back into the Wikimedia Utilities
distribution.

Please, WMF engineering staff, remember 2.5 years ago when I was
literally the only one publicly arguing that you should be paid market
rate for tech workers instead of lower nonprofit worker salaries? I
took so much public abuse and scorn for that for over a year until it
happened. Please consider giving back by co-mentoring the accuracy
review GSoC proposal.  It shouldn't take more than a few hours per
week over the summer.

Best regards,
James Salsman