Nobody ever said that the Catalyst was a total failure. It had indeed good
points. The thing is that I am not the only one with the opinion that the
results were clearly not good enough for what was expected from all money
invested and it is quite not fair to compare them with a volunteer effort
with obviously less resources.

Catalyst was cited 3 times in all report, and its members were always kind
and helpful on relating with User Group. Sometimes they were just the
contact and other times they were crucial for the work, but there were also
other moments in which they had absolutely nothing to do with what was done
by User Group members.

It actually just doesn't serve as a good measure, nor comparison to
evaluate Catalyst Program.

Regards.

> Interestingly to see on the report that even under so much criticism,
> the Brazilian Catalyst Program, coordinated by Oona Castro through a
> partnership between the Wikimedia Foundation and Ação Educativa was
> crucial in creating and supporting great part of the activities listed
> by the user group, since its foundation.
>
> Best regards and congratulations to all the people involved.
>
> Rodrigo Padula

> > The Wikimedia Community User Group Brasil just published its descriptive
> > report regarding to the activities developed since January 2014.
> >
> > This report summarizes the activities developed as part of the effort to
> > consolidate the Group in Brazil and to empower the Wikimedia projects in
> > the country.
> >
> > Link:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Brasil/Report/2014
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Vinicius Siqueira

*Lucas Teles*

*Steward at Wikimedia Foundation. Administrator *
*at Portuguese Wikipedia.*https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Teles
Contact me:
[image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/telesr> <
https://www.facebook.com/telesr <http://www.facebook.com/telesr> >
[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/Lucas_Teles> <
https://twitter.com/Lucas_Teles >
[image: Skype] < lucastelesr >
Mobile: < 55 71 9374 2725 >
I am a Wikimedia volunteer.
Wikimedia Foundation can not be held responsible for my actions.