It may be obvious but it bears pointing out:

There is no ONE right universal model for edit-a-thons.

Think of all the variables -- Wikipedia topic, location, local culture,
language, target constituency, medium/form factor, et al.

It's all about us coherently sharing our best practices and supporting each
other in any way we can.