I understand, but when you are selling this idea to an outside agency (in this
case the Mexican education system) you have to focus on what they deem worthy
to get their support/cooperation. Few educational institutions would argue that
writing articles about art, history and science have impact on society but more
than a few would raise eyebrows on articles about pop music or video games
(although yes, there is always a portion today's junk entertainment that
becomes tomorrow's classics.) There is so much that needs to be done on
Wikipedia that there is a corner for just about everyone, but not everyone will
see every topic area as worthwhile of course.

One issue I have now with a couple students is that they want to do all of
their hours with Wikipedia but they cannot. Because one thing the authorities
want is for students to spend time with people outside the university,
especially the under-priviledged, the classic idea of community service. Im
working of ways to work with this. I hate losing experienced Wikipedians any
sooner than I have to!

Leigh