On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Itzik - Wikimedia Israel <
it...@wikimedia.org.il> wrote:

> Any response or input from the Election Committee?

I think Greg said it relatively well earlier as the coordinator for the
committee (I am it's staff advisor). At this point the committee has
decided on the voting requirements and it is highly unlikely to change for
the current election cycle. They did have serious discussions about
everything mentioned in this thread both on their list and during the first
committee meeting but in the end decided that they did not believe there
was a strong need for change right now. When this conversation came back up
it was broached whether we wanted to revisit and no one said expressed a
desire to.

Also as Greg said I think this is a good topic for a permanent election
committee which I very much think should exist.

James Alexander
Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur