Dear fellow Wikimedians,

Wikimédia France has just issued its first iteration of Practical Guide for Local Groups:
you can find it on Meta both in French [1] and in English [2].
I hope the English version will allow us (Wikimedia stakeholders) to discuss and share about our different ways of supporting members/contributors.

Consistent with Wikimédia France's strategy of regional development, the objective of such a guide is to improve and support the development of local groups, to inspire and make it easier for them to organize actions, get involved and maximize their empowerment. It’s a resource document, organized in 19 theme-based factsheets which can be updated independently when needed.

As usual, if you have any questions/remarks, ideas of improvement or your own example of such a document, please get in touch with us. For those who will be at Wikimedia Conference in Berlin, you can discuss it over there.

PS: On a more personal note, thank you to the team who led this impressive document production!

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Guide_pratique <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikim%C3%A9dia_France/Guide_pratique> [2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimédia_France/Guide_pratique/en <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikim%C3%A9dia_France/Guide_pratique/en>

Kind regards,

--
Emeric Vallespi
Vice President