Hello, Pine:

Thanks for taking a look and offering your ideas!

The Learning Center is based on a set of recommendations from the TCC Group
to help get us started, so organizations taking the tool for the first time
had somewhere to go with their results. The idea is that we can work
together to develop it over time and make it more useful to Wikimedia
organizations. It's not yet clear how useful the learning center could be,
or how people want to use it. I would also like this to include better
integration with learning patterns, which is why we added a placeholder for
that and considered OE as part of the category structure for the learning
patterns.

If this is something you're interested in developing more, I'd certainly
welcome your help getting things better integrated with the learning
pattern library, since I know you are very familiar with the category
structure. For now, I'm most interested in talking more with Wikimedia
organizations at the upcoming meetings in Berlin first to find out if the
learning center is even a useful idea at all and how we may want to improve
it moving forward before anyone invests a lot more time in curation up
front. What do you think?

Cheers,

Winifred

Winifred Olliff