Actully is probably much higher in terms of currently acrive editors. For
example - in Polish WIkipedia there are currently around 250 - 100+ editors
- and there was 171 votes (if I calculated it properly) - and in Ukrainian
Wikipedia  - if you calculate it in similar way the effective tournover is
close to 90% !!! (170 100+ editors and 163 votes).

> 25% turnout is amazing!! Thank you, and congratulations to WM UA,
> particularly given the political situation at home.
>
> I also collected a few thoughts about the elections here:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Denny/Thoughts_Board_Election_2015
>
> Thanks to the Election Committee and everyone else out there getting the
> word out, fellow voters, and fellow candidates!
>

> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 5:34 PM James Alexander <jalexan...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM, James Alexander <
> jalexan...@wikimedia.org
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Ukraine has done great this year! Your work clearly paid off, currently
> > > 11.74% of the eligible users on ukWiki have voted (making it one of the
> > > highest % wikis, and the highest if you only count medium/large wikis
> > some
> > > of the smaller ones get an advantage when % is factored in). It also
> > > accounts for 2.58% of the total votes compared to less then 1% (.99%)
> of
> > > the whole electorate.
> > >

> > Mea Culpa: For the record I was double counting many of the eligible
> voters
> > here (we had an old voter list that was also being counted). The correct
> > numbers for ukWiki would be just over 25% of eligible voters voting and
> > 2.61% of the total votes (still .99% of the electorate).
> >
> > We will certainly be releasing more detailed results for projects with
> > results and in the post mortem.
> >
> > James Alexander
> > Community Advocacy
> > Wikimedia Foundation