I think this is dancing around the perceived problem.  You can either have
open, democratic, and fair elections with a result that represents the will
of the electorate, or you can have a group of people who are diverse in
terms of nationality, gender, ethnicity, etcetera.  Not both.  And I don't
think that tinkering with the formula for election and board composition is
really going to do anything to address that.

Seeing the candidates that stood, I think that the real problem is the lack
of female candidates for us to elect.  And that is a cultural problem,
exacerbated by the fact that unfortunately Wikimedia projects can be quite
a hostile place for women, and understandably many women don't want to make
themselves targets for harassment.  Once there is a more even number of men
and women running, I think that this particular problem will take care of
itself.

Cheers,
Craig