Hi,

I agree with Andrew that is not practical to whitelist ip addresses as a
primary method of overcoming account creation/ CAPTCHA issues at events.
Organizers often will not know the ip range in advance because of changes
in the address, or last minute changes in the location of the event.

The solution(s) needs to be something that is easy to use for people with
minimal tech knowledge so we can expand the group of people who are
sponsoring and holding events.

This problem goes back to a core issue that effect outreach efforts:
Wikipedia was originally set up to be edited by people sitting alone with a
PC/laptop.

Although today many outreach efforts are directed at group events or
partner organizations, these new editors still need to fit into polices and
a tech environment where editing solo is the norm.

To attract different groups of people to WMF projects, changing methods of
dealing with group editing or the new account creation experience needs to
be a priority.

Sydney

Sydney

Sydney Poore