The headline is fun, and I like efforts to print large knowledgesets.  More
art like this!  And I'm a fan of Mandiberg's work with the Art & Feminism
editathons in NYC.

But this is an artistic statement at the collection level, not a serious
effort to print individual volumes.  When the first page of text of the
first volume contains an obvious stripping error, and the second page a
broken table, it is clear that even the artist gave up on getting basic
formatting right.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/print-wikipedia/volume-0001-one-anglia/hardcover/product-22221311.html

Some years back, HÃ¥kon Lie developed a nice toolchain for cleaning up and
laying out pages in a beautiful way. And he catalogued some of the problems
wiki-layout poses for print, along with possible solutions. I would love to
see a full volume in this style:
 http://www.princexml.com/howcome/2008/wikipedia/sample.pdf
 http://www.princexml.com/howcome/2009/wikipedia/printing/

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266