Belatedly (this thread is awesome!)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Johan Jönsson <brevlis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As of writing, Danish Wikipedia is now 32 articles from reaching 200,000.
> It's midnight in Denmark now, so it will at some point tomorrow, CET.

Congratulations Danish Wikipedia and Wikipedians!

I note from Meta (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_News) that
Bulgarian Wikipedia also reached 200K this month. :)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:35 PM, attolippip <attolip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, Liam, you are right :)
>
> We award the "best newbie of the month" on Ukrainian Wikipedia and award
> him/her with a can of condensed milk via post [1]
> (we also award with a can of condensed milk the "best contributor of the
> month", and want to do it is a few smaller wikiprojects as well (Wikiquote,
> f.ex.))

That is *delightful*.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TL;DR: the Italian Wikisource has been indexed by a digital library
> platform used by over 4500 libraries in Italy [1]. This means that over
> 3500 texts (proofread and/or validated) can be read by library patrons.
> Many libraries will add them to the catalog too (!).

This is SO COOL. And wow, cataloging!!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:
> Thanks to Wikidata and Module:Wikidata [1], it is now possible [2] to include
> a basic infobox in an article using a single line, rather than the usual
> lengthy piece of wikicode (which new users could find off-putting). For a
> live example, see:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pole_Telescope

Mindblowing. (And possibly EVEN more mysterious for new editors -- not
sure if that's good, though getting rid of a giant chunk of wikitext
certainly is).

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 7:33 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> MZMcBride wrote:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Print_Wikipedia

I have also been following the project's automated twitter feed, which
lists volumes as they're uploaded: https://twitter.com/PrintWikipedia

Please, keep posting delightful projects!

Phoebe